Finally, a big heavy leuku at an affordable price! This knife's blade is made from 80CrV2, which is a high-carbon steel with some added chromium to give it some added toughness. Like most leukus, this knife was designed for heavy camp tasks such as chopping wood, building shelters, and clearing brush. The oversized handle is intended to be used with gloved hands, and the flared pommel will keep it from slipping out of your grasp.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: carbon steel
- Knife Length: 11.5 inches (29.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 6.75 inches (17.1 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.45 inches (3.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 9 ounces (255 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler
- Handle Circumference: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 11 ounces (312 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 13 inches (33 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)