The Tribal Roots knife is a long, slender full-tang knife, similar in style to African knives found in museums. The blade is made from 1095 high-carbon steel, with a Scandinavian single-bevel grind. The handle is made from walnut, is attached with brass rivets, and is carved with detailed artwork.
The wooden sheath is very unique, made from walnut and carved with the same artwork as the handle. It also has a wooden belt loop. When sheathed, the knife and sheath form one smoothly flowing piece, which is quite attractive.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 7.5 ounces (213 grams)
- Handle Length: 5.25 inches (13.3 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: walnut wood
- Sheathed Weight: 9.4 ounces (266 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 15 inches (38.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.75 inches (4.4 cm)