This is a stunningly beautiful knife, commissioned by Marttiini to celebrate their 90th year in business. The long and wide blade, with a profile similar to Marttiini's skinning knives, is forged from high-carbon steel and features a hammered finish which is very impressive. The blade has the Marttiini signature logo and the 90th anniversary years etched in golden ink, along with a serial number. The handle is ergonomic and sanded smooth. The nickel-silver butt cap on the pommel has an etched message celebrating 90 years of Marttiini knifemaking.
The sheath is equally gorgeous, with a weathered stained finish that is eye-catching. The sheath has the Marttiini log and the 90th annivesary message embossed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is a very attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.94 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.8 ounces (108 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: metal butt cap
- Handle Circumference: 305 inches (774.7 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 5.8 ounces (164 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)