for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a wonderfully crafted utility or carving knife, with a wide, hefty handle to provide a firm grip, paired with a carbinox blade, which is a carbon steel material that also contains some chromium for added resistance to corrosion. The blade is inscribed with the Marttiini signature. This knife is very lightweight and versatile, and feels very steady in the hand.
The black leather sheath is nicely detailed with a lightly embossed Marttiini logo, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: Carbinox T508 steel, hardened to Rockwell 58
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.73 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.25 ounces (64 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: stained wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: stained wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4 ounces (113 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)