for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a nice, long, flexible stainless steel blade featuring the Marttiini signature etched into it. The blade profile is exceptionally slender, making it ideal for twisting the handle to make sharp turns while cleaning fish. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet, and it has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
Comes with a plastic sheath featuring the Marttiini logo.
This is an outstanding value for the price and will be your go-to knife for all of your fishing and filleting needs.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.44 inches (1.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.04 inches (1 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.4 ounces (68 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 4.2 ounces (119 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 12.5 inches (31.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)