This is a serious skinning knife for skinning big game. The stainless steel blade is very wide which offers a variety of gripping options for those who like to hold the knife by the blade while skinning for precise angling. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet. The handle has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
Comes with a solidly constructed nylon sheath with a strap that snaps in place, and a plastic liner to prevent the blade from cutting through the sheath. The sheath also features two belt loops, for horizontal or vertical mounting on your belt.
This is an outstanding value for the price and will be your go-to knife when tackling the biggest game!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 5.25 inches (13.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 2.25 inches (5.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 6.1 ounces (173 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 8.5 ounces (241 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11 inches (27.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)