The Marttiini Bowie is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a long, wide stainless steel blade with a clip-point profile and the Marttiini signature etched into it. It's smaller than your average Bowie knife but the shorter blade allows for finer control on more detailed work, be it carving or gutting. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet, and it has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.87 inches (2.2 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.7 ounces (105 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 5.3 ounces (150 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)