The Fox 2019 Annual is a stunningly beautiful knife, with a long, wide stainless steel blade having an etched fox and the Marttini name and a serial number. According to an old Scandinavian tale, the fox painted the northern lights on the sky with its furry tail. The handle is sized much larger than most other Marttiini knives, providing a firm and solid grip, and is made from a rubberized cork material. The handle has both a bronze guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
The sheath is truly beautiful, featuring a very detailed wilderness scene containing a fox. The sheath also has a stylized image of a fox and the Marttiini logo. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is a very attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.93 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 7.5 ounces (213 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11 inches (27.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)