Marttiini's Annual Signature knife for 2021 features a sheath with lightly engraved reliefs of a hawk's face and hawks in flight. The handle is smoothly sanded and ergonomically carved from oiled and waxed wood. The gorgeous chromium steel blade has a mild clip point profile, is lightly engraved with the Marttiini signature, and each blade is numbered for authenticity.
The sheath features a plastic insert to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and has a belt loop attached by a metal ring, to allow the knife to dangle freely and stay out of the way when crouching or sitting.
All in all, this is a very nice package and is a minimalist, elegant, and effectively utilitarian knife, and is a testament to the Marttiini quality which spans generations.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: chromium steel
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.73 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: stained wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: stained wood
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)