This is a heavy, full-tang knife for the serious outdoorsman or bushcrafter who uses their knife heavily and demands superior performance and durability. The handle is laminated plywood side-riveted to the generous tang. The blade is thick and strong, and lightly etched with the Marttiini logo. The side-stitched sheath is made from a supple black leather, is stamped with the Marttiini logo in silver paint, and features a loop and snap to keep the knife securely in place while running, jumping, etc. The sheath also has a partial insert to protect both the sheath and the hand from getting sliced by the knife if it is inserted incorrectly. The belt loop is attached with a metal ring, which allows for more flexibility and keeps it out of the way while sitting and crouching.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.06 inches (2.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.14 inches (3.6 mm)
- Knife Weight: 8.5 ounces (241 grams)
- Handle Length: 5.75 inches (14.6 cm)
- Pommel: full tang
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: plywood
- Sheathed Weight: 10.85 ounces (308 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.75 inches (27.3 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)