This is Marttiini's trademark stainless steel skinning blade, with a mild drop-point profile and ample belly designed for skinning, bearing the Marttiini signature etched into it. It is complemented by an ergonomic handle made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet. The handle has both an inset for your index finger, and a slightly hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a long plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and rather than a traditional belt loop, the sheath has an anodized aluminum caribiner which easily clips onto your belt and allows the sheath to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.93 inches (2.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.7 ounces (105 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)