The 511 is a great choice for a multi-purpose utility knife, with a longer carbon steel blade. The plastic handle features a guard in front and a hooked pommel in the back, for a more improved grip, and is mostly symmetrical, so if will be equally comfortable if held with the blade edge facing up or down. The handle click-locks securely into the plastic sheath, and the sheath clips onto your belt.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.07 inches (1.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.75 ounces (78 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 3.9 ounces (111 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)