This is a solid, serious tactical survival knife. It has a heavy-duty carbon steel blade. The handle is egonomically formed from a grippy rubberized material, and features an inset for your index finger and a slightly hooked pommel to help maintain a firm grip. The balance point of the knife is just behind the guard, so work done with the blade is counterbalanced by the handle, to reduce hand and wrist fatigue. The knife firmly click-locks into the sheath and also has an elastic band which loops around the hanlde so you'll never lose this knife out of the sheath. The sheath features the MOLLE multi-mount system.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.89 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.2 ounces (119 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 6.6 ounces (187 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)