Wood Jewel again delivers both quality and beauty with this fine example of superior craftsmanship. The hefty, solid handle is paired with an equally brawny carbon steel blade. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. The blade is a bit larger than a traditional puukko, meaning that this knife is intended for heavier-duty camp and wilderness chores.
The real attraction is the intricately detailed picture of an elk in both the handle and sheath. The handle portrays an elk head in profile, with the antlers wrapping around the contours. The sheath has a more close-up view of an elk's face in exquisite detail. The sheath also contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 10.5 inches (26.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 5.5 inches (14 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.05 inches (2.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 6.25 ounces (177 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 8.7 ounces (247 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)