Here's another beautiful knife from the artists at Wood Jewel. The carbon steel blade features a hand-forged "hammered" look. The handle a very attractive assembly made from curly birch and goat willow, sanded, stained, and polished to a smooth finish, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel made from reindeer antler, to prevent the knife from slipping out of your hand. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a twisted leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.2 ounces (91 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch, goat willow
- Sheathed Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)