for more details on Wood Jewel knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a big, hefty knife which features a prominent inset for your index finger to prevent your hand from slipping up onto the blade, and a hooked pommel made from reindeer antler. This allows you a firm grip and you can safely apply a lot of force to the knife. The handle a very attractive assembly made from curly birch, sanded, stained, and polished to a smooth finish. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath has added rivets for durability, contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop attaced by a metal ring, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.06 inches (2.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5.35 ounces (152 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: reindeer antler w/tang end and brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 7.9 ounces (224 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.5 inches (26.7 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)