This is a smaller puukko knife with a pommel cast into a miniature horse's head, which is a very traditional Scandinavian design. The blade is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature. The handle is made from stacked layers of birch bark, lacquered and polished smooth. The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, and it has a small snap-clasp to attach to your belt loop or purse.
The detail is great and all-around this is a wonderful little package!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: AISI 420 stainless steel
- Knife Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 2.25 inches (5.7 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.25 inches (0.6 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.03 inches (0.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.25 ounces (64 grams)
- Handle Length: 2.25 inches (5.7 cm)
- Pommel: horsehead
- Handle Circumference: 2 inches (5.1 cm)
- Handle Material: polished birch
- Sheathed Weight: 0.8 ounces (23 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 5.75 inches (14.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 0.5 inches (1.3 cm)