for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Tramp is a very attractive, solid-feeling knive with a wide carbon steel blade. The brass fittings form a guard and a bit of a hooked pommel to prevent the knife from slipping out of your hand. The handle is stained wood, polished smooth and much wider than usual, sized for larger hands and offering a firm grip. The blade is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature. The full-length tang can be seen within the brass butt plate on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is nicely detailed, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.81 inches (2.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.3 ounces (122 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap w/tang
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: stained wood
- Sheathed Weight: 5.7 ounces (162 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)