The Garberg is a "true full-tang knife" with a solid, full-width tang that runs the entire length of the handle and extends a bit beyond the pommel, making for a very solid, strong knife. It features a medium-length, drop-point blackened carbon steel blade with a rubberized handle with a checkered pattern for improved grip. The handle is mostly symmetrical, so the knife can be held comfortably with the blade edge either facing up or down. This version comes with a well-crafted plastic sheath into which the knife firmly click-locks, with a detachable belt loop.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.92 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Handle Length: 5.25 inches (13.3 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 7.3 ounces (207 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)