Most Scandinavian knives don't have finger guards, which is why the maker named this the "children's knife," and the tip has been blunted for further safety. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded, oiled, and polished to a smooth finish, and has a hooked pommel to help you maintain your grip. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, has a snap closure to keep the knife securely in place, and contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7.25 inches (18.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.62 inches (1.6 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.4 ounces (68 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: tang end w/ brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 3.6 ounces (102 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)