for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Jahti ("Yacht") has a hefty blade with a unique clip-point profile, and a ample belly for skinning, while still being short enough for gutting. The sanded and stained curly birch handle fills the hand and provides a solid, firm grip even when wearing gloves or mittens. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: tang end w/brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 6.2 ounces (176 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)