for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Jänkä ("Wetlands") has medium-sized blade and is suitable as an all-around utility knife or for light camp chores. This version has a stainless steel blade and a handle with a formed pommel to help maintain a grip during long draw cuts.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to 57 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)