for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Kaira ("Wilderness"), with a carbon steel blade, is a small lightweight knife, with a shorter blade but full-sized handle, which will give you lots of control for carving and whittling. The handle makes it a bit large for a neck knife, but it's light enough to be almost unnoticeable on the belt.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel, hardened to 59 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 7.25 inches (18.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.3 ounces (122 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Handle Material: stained curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 5.9 ounces (167 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)