for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The version of the Kaira ("Wilderness") with a stainless steel blade is much larger than its carbon-steel version, with a long wide blade suited for heavier-duty camping and butchering tasks.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to 57 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.9 ounces (139 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 7 ounces (198 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)