for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Korpi ("Deep Woods") has a blade that is a bit shorter and narrower, and would be a good knife for carving, whittling, or scrimshaw. The handle is longer for control but is a bit narrower so is better suited for average-sized hands.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel, hardened to 59 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.9 ounces (82 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: stained curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.2 ounces (119 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)