for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The "Leuku 145" is a traditional design for a larger Scandinavian knife, with a larger and wider blade than many of the other Ahti knives. The longer and thicker handle is sized for larger hands and it features formed impressions at the front and back to offer better grip and control when using it for heavier tasks.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel, hardened to 59 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Blade Length: 5.75 inches (14.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 7.1 ounces (201 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: brass butt plate
- Handle Circumference: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Handle Material: stained curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 9.4 ounces (266 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11 inches (27.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)