for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Metsa ("Forest") is a medium-sized knife suited for a variety of light- and medium-duty tasks, or as an all-around utility knife. This version has a carbon steel blade. The handle is shaped into a hook at the pommel to provide more grip during draw cuts.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel, hardened to 59 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.9 ounces (82 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: stained curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.3 ounces (122 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)