for more details on Ahti knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Vaara ("Forested Hill") has a good-sized blade at almost 4", and the full-sized handle is shaped at both ends to provide a firm grip and would work well even while wearing gloves or mittens. This version of the Vaara has a carbon steel blade.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.8% high carbon steel, hardened to 59 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.2 ounces (91 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: stained curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.9 ounces (139 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)