The Trapper 95 is a very solid, heavy duty knife with a full tang sandwiched between two pieces of curly burch wood with red fiber spacers, all polished to a smooth finish. The balance point of the knife is at your index finger, which means that any work done with the tip will be offset by the weight of the tang, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue.
The sheath is nicely made from leather with brass rivets, and the stitched edge of it has a spacer to provide a looser fit for the wider handle. The sheath has an interesting dual-carry option: a second belt loop is attached with a metal ring to the primary belt loop which is stitched onto the sheath. This allows for carrying the sheath firmly attached to your belt with the primary loop, or swinging more freely using the second loop.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: 0.95% high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Blade Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.05 inches (2.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.13 inches (3.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 7.6 ounces (215 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)