The Blue River Skinner is a beautifully crafted yet full functional work of art. The very wide, full-tang blade is made from 440 stainless steel, and has a nice belly for skinning. The blade also isn't too long, which allows for more wrist flexibility and precision while skinning. The handle is made from walnut with a turquoise inset, and is held onto the thick tang with brass rivets.
The thick leather sheath is a traditional flat style, with lightly carved artwork of figures spear-hunting a bison, along with a strip of woven fabric. It has a belt loop riveted to the back.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)
- Handle Material: walnut wood and turquoise
- Sheathed Weight: 7 ounces (198 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)