The Cavelore is a solid, serious full-tang bushcraft knife. The hefty blade, made from 1095 high-carbon steel, features a hammered flint finish and a classic bushcraft profile. The hickory handle has inset wire wraps and a leather wrist strap on the pommel. It's got a great "ancient" design that looks like something that a neolithic cave dweller would have made.
The hardened leather sheath is nicely detailed with stamped artwork, and the belt loop is a soft leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.2 inches (3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Handle Length: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: hickory wood
- Sheathed Weight: 7 ounces (198 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.75 inches (4.4 cm)