The Mini Indigenous Puukko knife is a gorgeous tribute to Viking era knives. The full-tang blade is made from 1095 high-carbon steel, in the classic puukko profile, and has an antique blade finish. The handle is made from walnut and is carved and burned with a complex Celtic knotwork pattern, and features a wire-wrap inset. The knife is heavier than expected, with a solid, weighty heft.
The hardened leather sheath is designed in the Scandinavian deep-pouch style, with stitching up the back, and nicely detailed with stamped artwork. It contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached with a metal ring, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: full tang end
- Handle Circumference: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Handle Material: walnut wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)