for a video of this knife!
The Norse Dragon Seax Knife is a gorgeous tribute to Viking era knives. The blade is made from 1095 high-carbon steel, in the classic seax profile. "Seax" is the Old English word for "knife," and is typically associated with the Saxons. The antique blade finish is inscribed with runes. The handle is made from hickory and is carved and burned with a complex Celtic knotwork pattern. This knife has a full-length tang, which can be seen ground down and polished on the pommel. The knife is heavier than expected, with a solid, weighty heft.
The hardened leather sheath is nicely detailed with the same carved and burned artwork as the handle, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is a soft leather thong, which allows the knife to swing freely and keep out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 11.5 inches (29.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 1.32 inches (3.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5.6 ounces (159 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: stained wood w/tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: hickory wood
- Sheathed Weight: 7.6 ounces (215 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 12.75 inches (32.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)