The Elk Hunter has a longer stainless steel blade, which would be useful when butchering large game. The handle is formed into a guard in the front and a hooked pommel in back, providing a very secure grip even when your hands are wet and slippery. The hanlde has a burnt image of an elk, and is lacquered and polished to a soft, smooth finish. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. The blade is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped artwork, in the flat style with stitching and rivets up the sides.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: AISI 420 stainless steel
- Knife Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Blade Length: 5.75 inches (14.6 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.66 inches (1.7 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end with brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11.25 inches (28.6 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)