for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a nice, long, flexible stainless steel blade lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature. The curly birch handle is cut with flat edges, giving it a rectangular profile, which provides a better grip as your knuckles curl around the corners and your thumb rests along the top. The full-length tang is visible within the metal nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
The sheath is nicely detailed with laser-cut artwork, in the flat style with stitching and rivets up the side, and it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 10.75 inches (27.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 6.25 inches (15.9 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.73 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.04 inches (1 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2 ounces (57 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11.5 inches (29.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)