for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a very unique knife and would make a fantastic multi-purpose addition to your tacklebox. The impressively shaped and beautifully lustrous blade has various applications. The multi-purpose blade is shaped for gutting a fish, and there's a saw-edge for scaling on the back of it, a fork for removing a peg at the tip, and a bottle opener on the back of the blade as well. The blade is made of stainless chrome steel, lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature, and the handle is made of oiled curly birch, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, in the flat style with stitching and rivets up the sides.
This is an outstanding value for the price and will be your go-to knife for all of your fishing needs.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 8.5 inches (21.6 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.83 inches (2.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheathed Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)