for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Game Knife is as functional as it is beautiful. It is a solid all-around camp or utility knife, featuring a long, medium-width stainless steel blade that is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature. The handle is made from stacked layers of birch bark, sanded smooth, and the hooked pommel is made from curly birch wood and prevents the knife from slipping out of your hand. A brass bolster and black fiber spacers complete the well-bal;anced and attractive look. The full-length tang is evident by the brass nut on the pommel, giving this knife added durability. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is nicely detailed, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.82 inches (2.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.2 ounces (91 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: stacked birch bark
- Sheathed Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.25 inches (26 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)