for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Härmä Knife is based on the Visapää 1 model, which was designed by Iisakki Järvenpää himself at the end of the 19th century. Back then the Visapää 1 was a very popular knife. Later on the development work continued, the model becoming more and more decorative. This modern version has a curly birch wood handle painted red and accented with brass fittings. The carbon steel blade is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature.
The sheath is nicely detailed, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 8.25 inches (21 cm)
- Blade Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.7 inches (1.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.7 ounces (77 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: lacquered wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4 ounces (113 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)