for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
This looks like a traditional Scandinavian Scout knife, with a guard and a sheath with a snap, but the size of the blade and handle would equally suit an adult as a utility knife, camp knife, or as a hunting knife. The wide belly on the blade also makes this knife ideal for skinning. The handle is stacked leather, countoured and lacquered for a smooth appearance, and the fittings are aluminum.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped artwork, in the flat style with stitching and rivets up the sides.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel, hardened to 57-58 Rockwell
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.11 inches (2.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.9 ounces (54 grams)
- Handle Length: 3.45 inches (8.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: stacked polished birch
- Sheathed Weight: 3.6 ounces (102 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)