for more details on Järvenpää knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Dandy is like his brother, The Tramp knife, black version from our legendary Juhlavuolu model. When The Tramp has matt satin surfaces, The Dandy is all over polished and shiny. It is build to go but also to show. The blade carbon steel blade, left black after heat treatment process, is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature.. Fittings are casted from bronze, completely polished. Handle is made from curly birch, it's painted black and finished with 6-8 layers of varnish. Between each layer it has been sanded lightly. Between wooden handle and bronze fittings, it has red decoration stripes. The Dandy has tough feel to hand and big bronze fittings are not only prestige but heavy as well, giving good balance to whole knife.
The sheath is nicely detailed, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.81 inches (2.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 inches (3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.2 ounces (119 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap w/tang
- Handle Circumference: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Handle Material: laquered wood
- Sheathed Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)