The Junki is the smaller knife of the famous Helahoito set. This red Junki has a painted curly birch handle, nickel silver ferrules, and a polished carbon steel blade. The blade is lightly inscribed with the Iisakki Järvenpää signature.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork, it contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and it has a small snap-clasp to attach to your belt loop or purse.
The detail is great and all-around this is a wonderful little package!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel, hardened to Rockwell 57-58
- Knife Length: 6 inches (15.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.43 inches (1.1 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 inches (1.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 0.8 ounces (23 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Pommel: brass cap
- Handle Circumference: 2 inches (5.1 cm)
- Handle Material: lacquered wood
- Sheathed Weight: 1.4 ounces (40 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 0.5 inches (1.3 cm)