The Big Silver Carbinox is a very solidly constructed knife featuring a Carbinox blade, which is a high-chrome steel that is corrosion-resistant, hardened to Rockwell 58 so it will hold an edge for a good long time. The shorter blade allows for finer control on more detailed work, be it carving or gutting. The handle is made from a solid rubberized plastic with an ergonomically sculpted grip, and has both an inset for your index finger, and a lightly hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The silvery butt plate at the pommel has a lightly engraved design of the royal seal of Finland. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: Carbinox T508 steel, hardened to Rockwell 58
- Knife Length: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.74 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.3 ounces (94 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: metal butt cap
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 5 ounces (142 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)