for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a short, flexible stainless steel blade featuring the Marttiini signature etched into it. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded, polished to a smooth finish, and then varnished, and has both a prominent inset for your index finger, and a flared pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. It's the ideal knife for cleaning smaller fish, with a smaller blade that won't get in the way and allows for more precision that you couldn't get with a larger fillet knife. This knife has a full-length tang, and shown by the retaining nut in the pommel, giving this knife extra strength and durability. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
Comes with a nicely constructed and detailed leather sheath with stamped and stained artwork and the Marttiini logo. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is a really neat, compact and high-quality package!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 7.75 inches (19.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.54 inches (1.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.04 inches (1 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: brass nut
- Handle Circumference: 2.75 inches (7 cm)
- Handle Material: varnished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 2.1 ounces (60 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)