for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a solid, functional fillet knife with a short, flexible stainless steel blade featuring the Marttiini signature etched into it. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet, and it has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. It's the ideal knife for cleaning smaller fish, with a smaller blade that won't get in the way and allows for more precision that you couldn't get with a larger fillet knife. The knife is surprisingly lightweight, which reduces hand and wrist fatigue if you're using it for a long time.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in golden ink. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
This is a really neat, compact and high-quality package!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.54 inches (1.4 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.04 inches (1 mm)
- Knife Weight: 1.5 ounces (43 grams)
- Handle Length: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 2.9 ounces (82 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)