for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
This is a superior all-around utility knife. The stainless steel blade has a mild clip-point profile featuring the Marttiini signature, and is coated with Martef, which is a titanium-based slippery non-stick coating similar to Teflon, which reduces drag and friction and makes slicing much easier. The handle is made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet. The handle has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. The sheath is a soft shade of black and has a belt loop attached by a metal ring, allowing it to swing freely and not get in the way while you're sitting or crouching. The sheath also contains a plastic insert to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.72 inches (1.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.25 ounces (92 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 5.25 ounces (149 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)