The Jagdmesser Hunter knife is a superior all-around hunting, camp or utility knife, featuring a long, slender stainless steel blade with a subtle clip-point profile and the Marttiini signature etched into it. The handle is made from curly birch wood, sanded and polished to a smooth finish, and has both a bronze guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand. When you hold this knife in your hand, you can feel the solid construction and high quality.
The sheath is truly a work of art, featuring a very detailed stamped and stained wilderness scene, and has a feature unusual in Marttiini knives: a fold-over flap with a snap which keeps the knife securely in the sheath at all times. The sheath also contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.76 inches (1.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.6 ounces (102 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: polished wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: polished wood
- Sheathed Weight: 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 3 inches (7.6 cm)