for more details on Marttiini knives, and links to some video reviews!
The Jahtiveitsi Knife features a unique profile of blade, with an upswept profile perfect for carving up a large hunk of meat. The slightly flexible, stainless steel blade is etched with the Marttiini name and is complemented by an ergonomic handle made from textured rubberized plastic and offers a very solid grip even when wet. The handle has both a guard and a hooked pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
Comes with a nicely constructed leather sheath featuring the Marttiini logo printed in silvery ink. The sheath contains a long plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 10.5 inches (26.7 cm)
- Blade Length: 6 inches (15.2 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.89 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.07 inches (1.8 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.1 ounces (88 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: rubberized plastic
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: rubberized plastic
- Sheathed Weight: 5.4 ounces (153 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 11.75 inches (29.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)