This is a stunning knife that is both an attractive showpiece as well as highly functional. The knife is a gorgeous assembly of alternating layers of differently shaded woods, mated to an ample blade with a hammered forged surface pattern, and lightly engraved with the Marttiini signature in gold. This knife is very attractive, but would also make a very useful every day carry as well.
The very nice sheath is embossed with a profile of the blade, and the Marttiini logo, in gold ink, and there is a plastic insert to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through. The sheath features the typical Marttiini twisted leather belt loop, to allow the knife to dangle freely and stay out of the way when crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 8.75 inches (22.2 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.71 inches (1.8 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1 inches (2.5 mm)
- Knife Weight: 3.15 ounces (89 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: stained wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.5 ounces (128 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.25 inches (23.5 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)