Marttiini's Lapp Beinmesser is a stunningly beautiful knife, with a long, wide stainless steel blade suitable for a wide variety of hunting and camping tasks. The blade is ecthed with a detailed wilderness scene and with the Marttiini signature logo. The hanlde is made from curly birch wood, sanded and polished to a smooth finish, with insets and a pommel made from reindeer antler. The handle has both an inset for your index finger, and a flared pommel so the knife will never slip out of your hand.
The sheath is nicely detailed with stamped and stained artwork and the Marttiini logo. The sheath contains a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, and the belt loop is attached by a metal D-ring so that it swings freely and keeps out of the way when you're crouching or sitting.
This is quite an attractive piece and would make a great gift for any outdoors enthusiast!
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 54
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.9 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.08 inches (2 mm)
- Knife Weight: 4.1 ounces (116 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: antler
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: curly birch w/antler
- Sheathed Weight: 6.1 ounces (173 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 10.5 inches (26.7 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 2 inches (5.1 cm)