This is a great Marttiini knife featuring a blackened carbon steel blade with a "forge hammered" surface, inscribed with the Marttiini signature in gold ink. The nicely contoured handle is sanded but not perfectly smoth, so it feels very grippy, The full-tang blade is evidenced by the nut on the pommel. The nicely detailed and carved sheath is a rich, glowing shade of black, and features both a plastic liner to prevent the very sharp blade from slicing through, as well as a twisted leather cord which allows the knife to swing on your belt and not bind up when crouching or sitting.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.11 inches (0.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.75 inches (19 mm)
- Knife Weight: 2.9 ounces (82 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.75 inches (12.1 cm)
- Pommel: stained wood
- Handle Circumference: 3.5 inches (8.9 cm)
- Handle Material: birch wood
- Sheathed Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 9.75 inches (24.8 cm)
- Belt Loop Width: 1.25 inches (3.2 cm)